Back to my Youth

It's been a bit of a throw-back week here in Brookville, USA. I headed down to Kansas City on Saturday and went to the Twins game and my brothers and I were pumped because my dad spotted a woman he thought he knew: Jason Kubel's mom! For everyone else in the world who doesn't know who Jason Kubel is, he is a young prospect for the Minnesota Twins baseball team. Anyways, he spent a few years of his life in Tyndall, South Dakota where my dad grew up and his mom went to school with my aunt. So, after some urging (and after her husband had left to get food), my dad snuck down and talked to her. He found out that it was actually his aunt, but still, cool enough. Then, on the way back to the hotel on a city bus, we were surrounded by Twins fans, including the aunt and uncle of Josh Rabe, another young player for the team. We were almost as excited as the one time we met Dennis Eckersely in the hotel lobby. funny stuff.

Well, on top of baseball (which is obviously not only childhood, but also a current passion), my bros and I busted out our old Magic cards. These are the nerdy cards that are used to create some sort of fantasy-battlefield where we fight with wizards and mythical creatures. The best part is just laying down and card and all of us going, "Oh yeah, I remember THAT card!"

Finally, I figured out how to run old mac programs on my laptop, so I dusted off the old Civilization II game in which you build empires from a single settler. So, today I have been working on putting the Lakota Sioux in charge of the world. Instead of having treaties broken, I'm doing the breaking! Oh my Machiavellian world! So, back to ruling the world while my brother touches his website up next to me.

3 Comments:

  1. Rachel said...
    nerd.

    i wish the skog thing had worked out...i'll give you a call tonight or tomorrow night...just to make sure.

    r
    Anonymous said...
    it was fun seen the twins play in kanas city. it was fun talking to you at the game.
    see you at the fair bye
    Anonymous said...
    You'll have to bring one of those decks to SF and play against me and my bros... we've had a resurgence of Magic, too.

    -dbergan

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.