Game of the Century

I just got back from the Game of the Century, or at least the game of the week. I headed to basketball this afternoon ready to take some frustration on the court and when I got there I became really competative. After a half hour of drills, we gathered in a circle and some guy said he was the new coach and that there was a game an official game on Wednesday. He asked who was playing and 6 guys raised their hands. I asked if anyone could play and they informed me that you have to pay a fee to play. I paused waiting for someone to tell me how much, or who to pay, or at least sorry it's too late. Instead the coach just said we're going to practice as a team for the game on Wednesday so everyone else go to that side. There were two girls (one without shoes) and four guys on the scrubs team with me against the "official" team of six guys and one girl. So, the Disney-like plot was set up. Our team talked a little bit and set up in a zone defense and we stuffed them time and time again. We played so hard! We would stop them and immediately have someone running down the court for the fast court lay-up. On offense, I took it inside multiple times like I was Josh Paula in 7th grade. It felt so great to play as hard as we could. And of course, just like the movie script, we beat them. Nay, destroyed them. It felt so great, despite a rolled ankle and strained hamstring. It was worth it. Not sure if the game made me more or less frustrated, but it felt good to play well and stuff the "good" team. I guess March Madness has already begun in Norway.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Scott,
    The Meyer men just don't have too much luck with basketball. . . sorry for the nagging hurt ankle . . . hang in there. . . You must have been fired up for the team! Nice to feel the thrill of victory even if it was clouded by the agony of injury!

    Take Care,
    Mom
    Anonymous said...
    At least you injured your ankle in the heat of the game. I once rolled my ankle going down the basement to get my shoes to go to the game. You were only a babe when that happened. Scott Nagy and I are proud of you! Dad
    Anonymous said...
    Jack just finished watching his new DVD..."the 100 best plays in the NBA"...lots of nifty moves. If you want to borrow it for a training tool :)

    Go Tanagers!
    C.
    Anonymous said...
    "I took it inside multiple times like I was Josh Paula in 7th grade." Amazing! That comment really cracked me up!

    Alisha

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.