A Leaning Experience

Today I ventured out of Florence to Pisa, where I will fly out of tomorrow very early. And it was great! The sun was shining and I just checked in to my hotel where for the first time this trip I will be alone in my own room! What freedom. After dropping my bags I headed to basically the only attraction in Pisa...the leaning tower! It was beautiful. IT is in a plazza area surrounded by a church and other majestic marble buildings. And it really does lean. It looks quite hilarious and ridiculous I think to see this beautiful building slightly out of wack. After taking a few pics, I just sat in the grassy area and enjoyed the sun adn the smell of grass and a chance to relax on my own. It's been a great trip. The warm temps and sun remind me of home (since grass and tromso have no connection) so I'm starting to think about my next trip which will be back to the US. I just wrote in my journal and watched the silly tourists and the equally funny street vendors. A great day in Italy. I capped off the night at a pizzeria eating outside with a few of the leaning tower. While I was sitting eating, an older Italian man walked around playing guitar and singing opera music. It felt exactly like lady and the tramp! What a great night. Off to pack and head to Bergen. I'll be back to tromso (and my computer) late Sunday night!

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hi Scott--

    It sounds like you had a fun time in Italy!! I hope to visit there someday. I am sure it is a beautiful area to travel to. I am anxious to see your photos!
    I am counting down the days until finals are done. I will be done with classes on May 10. I have a week off and then start with rotation stuff. Axious to see you back in SD!!
    Love-
    andrea
    Anonymous said...
    Scott,

    I had no idea you were in Italy. I'm going to be singing in the Schlern Music Festival 6/27-7/18. I'll be performing during the week but we get to take a day trip almost every weekend. You will have to keep tabs on all of the good places to eat and drink for me. We will always have the Lantern.

    Steph
    Anonymous said...
    Heya


    You will not believe what I just found! [url=http://www.foolioo.com]Foolioo.com[/url] makes [url=http://www.foolioo.com]free[/url] custom website for free. Yep! That's right, FREE!
    Never thought it'd be so easy to get a free website and I really had to tell you guys.



    So if you're looking for a free website, give these guys a try.



    Bye

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.