Argentina Breaking In


Sunrise: 8:39 AM
Sunset: 4:16 PM

I am back in Tromsø after a long weekend in Bergen, and I have been welcomed home by snow! Tromsø is a winter wonderland.

I spent the past 4 days in Bergen in a Model United Nations. It reminded me of Student Congress or some other type of high school speech event. Basically, every person was a member of the Security Council. (My group was Argentina.) Then we spent the days debating two topics: the Darfur crisis and terrorism. We tried to pass resolutions and learned the procedure and difficulties of the United Nations. Essentially, we learned that nothing gets done unless the United States wants it, or lets it, get done. We did well though for Argentina, slipping in a few clauses here and there that we liked. I had a huge advantage being a native speaker of English so I was able to dish out the rhetoric on behalf of the great state of Argentina.

The most exciting part of the whole trip however was coming home. I got back to the house all excited to be home, but I didn't have my keys and for the first time in the history of our house no one, not even my recluse housemate Igor, was home. I looked for my keys and thought for a bit, finally deciding I should break in.

I took our garbage can from the street and dragged it to the side of our house, under my window. I stood up on the trash can and the window was at my shoulders. I pryed the window open and then jumped up and pulled myself in. I found my keys hanging right where they should be, on my key hook, and then went outside and dragged the trash can back through the snow to the end of the street, happy with my physical achievement.

Now back to reading and preparing for our oral examination on Friday. In about a week I will be headed to Barcelona to see my parents and the sun! Should be exciting!

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hey Scott,
    Glad to hear you had fun in Bergen sounds a lot like Student Congress. The key adventure sounded pretty comical too, glad to hear your doing well in the snow, everythings good at home, but no snow
    -Paul . . . (your brother paul)
    Anonymous said...
    Scott,
    How fun to spend the weekend in my favorite city of Bergen! Sounds like your BHS debate skills stood the test of time with the big guns of the UN. . . way to go. . . see you soon in sunny Barcelona. . . love, Mom
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Scott, We also had snow this weekend (it is Hobo Day you know) but ours disappeared the same day it arrived! Nice break in, I did that once on our back porch in your younger days! See you soon in Espana
    Love Dad
    Anonymous said...
    Hey you
    just wanted to show this page;

    http://www.fn.no/rollespill/harde_forhandlinger_i_bergen

    Its from FN sambandets pages regarding your stay in Bergen, there shoul be pictures too.
    Peace out....

    Line

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.