Guardian Bus Driver

I am convinced that my guardian angel is in the form of a stoic, old Norwegian bus driver. Last night I took the bus to Tungveien on the far north side of the island. There I enjoyed a Spanish feast thanks to the boyfriend of one of the Spanish exchange students here who just arrived from Spain with authentic tapas materials! We had a great time eating, chatting, and drinking tea, but I realized about halfway through the night that I had left my umbrella on the bus! I was a bit frustrated since I use it almost everyday, so I was extremely surpised and excited that when I caught the last bus home it was the same bus and same driver I had earlier in the evening! He had my umbrella and I was extremely excited. But, in the midst of my excitement I set down my mittens, but of course didn't realize this until I had gotten of the bus.

This morning we called down to the downtown bus office and asked if they had red mittens. They said they had some grey and red ones so I figured that they were probably mine. Well, I went down there only to discover a shelf full of winter clothing and umbrellas, but my mittens were not a part of the collection. (now I know where to do my winter shopping though!) I was bummed out and worried that I wouldn't find them, when who should appear but my bus driver! I told him I forgot my mittens and he nodded and ask if I was also the umbrella guy. Yes. Thanks. Well, this time he didn't have the mittens but he took me close the bus office on the north side of the island, told me when to get off, and gave me directions to the office.

I walked up there and first only saw garages. I walked into one and one guy was on a cell phone and one guy was underneath a bus. Neither one seemed to care that I was there. Kind of made me want to hop in the cab of a bus and take it for a spin. Eventually, I asked someone and they pointed me up the hill a bit more to the next building. I went there and the guy at the window said, "No we don't have anything. And then said, let's look. (why not look right away?!) He took me into another garage where they have a big garbage can that they fill up with lost items before taking them downtown. My mittens must have just missed the trip because they were the only items in the can. I took them and thanked the guy and took the bus home, but this time it was a different bus and driver, so I guess there are more than one on this island! An exciting adventure, but I hope I don't have to do it again anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.