Aging for Democracy

Today I put my election observation class into practice. There is an election next Tuesday here in South Dakota so today I went to the meeting for all the eleciton workers to help out and learn about elections in practice. What I learned is that only old ladies with curly grey hair can work at the elections. Seriously. There were no men there out of about 50 workers and they all seemed to have the same hairstyle and were all very friendly. They nodded at everything the instructor told them and took careful notes, even though they have done this for decades and know exactly what to expect and do. So, I am going to work on aging and will have to eventually change my gender in order to start the ever luxurious job of working the election booths in Ward 5, Brookings County, Brookings, South Dakota. It's worth the 8 dollars an hour once every two years.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Wait a minute, Scott..... I've worked the polls many times, and I don't have blue curly hair - yet!! I will agree with the gender thing, can only remember working with maybe 1-2 men over the years.
    Anonymous said...
    Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.