Out of Europe and into Central America

Today I did the unthinkable: I cut my hair! It reminds me of that 60's song. "Almost cut my hair last night..." Well I did and I feel like Captain America now. Yes, I have stepped from a Euro-doo to an American GI-doo. But, my GI-doo will be a necessity in the coming days as I head to Nicaragua. I'm heading down south on wednesday and will be there for about 10 weeks. I'm sure that my short hair will help me stay cool and help me deal with limited access to showers. Wet rag showers anyone? Well, I'm excited to go. I've done a lot of interviews here of donors and participants from the SD Lutheran Church who give money to a Lutheran church in Nicaragua. I'll head down to Nicaragua and talk to Nicaraguans who receive the gifts from SD to see how they use money, if they get what they want, and what they think they need. Plus, I'll hopefully learn Spanish while I'm there.

In the meantime, a weekend full of soccer (both my brother and the world cup) and a few last minute errands and visits! Just call me up if you need an American Superhero. I'm ready now, hair and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.