More to Learn

I have been adamently studying lately on an important Norwegian skill: opening a bottle with random implements such as a lighter, a box of snuss, or a spade. On Friday I had class with Stian, Martin, and Eric. After three tries, I was pretty smooth at opening a beer bottle with a lighter. Unfortunately I think I got a little cocky. Last night I was at a student house and wanted to open a bottle. There was no lighter in sight, but there was a huge knife. Now, I had seen Stian do it a hundred times so I figured that I could as well. So I had a firm grip on the neck of the bottle as instructed and put the flat end of the knife under my knuckle and pushed upwards. And pushed upwards. And pushed upwards. Finally, the cap flew off, beer sprayed over the counter, and the knife drilled me above my left pectoral. It must have been the flat end that hit me (otherwise I might not be writing this), but I still got a nice cut to help remind me that I continue to fail at being truly Norwegian. I'll get it someday...but maybe I'll just work my way up to the knife.

and it's hailing out right now...what a weird weekend.

and again I have to edit the post. The hail has now changed into snow, so this afternoon, as the green tree with bright red berries stands defiantly outside my window, I can say we've had our first snowfall. September 24th. Not bad. I'll eat a snowflake for all of those missing out on the unique opportunity for tasting September snow. Yummy, my favorite.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Perhaps you should drink beverages with a different type of cap?? How do they bottle their milk? :)
    We just got back from Augie's coronation. Beth was up for queen. Part of the ceremony was the choir(Ian and Carrie) singing the Norwegian National Anthem, of course we all stood and thought of you!! the Browns

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.