Drugs please

Oh, Norway. Sometimes you're too healthy for your own good.

I woke up this morning and after a few days of fighting the onset of the cold, my nose finally gave in and sprung a leak. I was blowing my nose all morning and finally decided to walk to town to get some pills to help plug my nose up. Something like Sudafed.

So I walked into the pharmacy and had even written down the scientific name of Sudafed, and asked if they had anything. She looked at me very confused and said, "is it a tablet?" "Yes, of course, I said." "No, we don't have anything like that."

WHAT?! Nothing like a common cold pill to solve all my problems?! Don't you have any pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, or phenylephrine, or some other drug that I can make meth with? Come on.

But no. What did she offer me instead? "Actually the best cure is to spray saltwater in your nose." Um, what? Are you telling me spraying a little salt water will make me feel better? Thanks a lot Grandma.

But, with no other options, I purchased the very hightech "Salt water" spray. Now I will give a tour this afternoon as the drug addicted guide who has to shoot up every 10 minutes...with water. I guess it's my first step to being drug free and a reminder that (for better or worse) not every culture is as drug/pill obsessed as the old US of A.

5 Comments:

  1. Rachel said...
    Oh good grief. Salt water, schmalt water. That's the lamest thing I've ever heard. Yes, go ahead in try launching some salt water up your nose if you want to add vomiting to your list of symptoms. Or go visit our fellow Americans at the south end of the island. They know the drill. Their guest bathroom is like a Walgreen's pharmacy. Rx yourself to the xtreme, S.
    Anonymous said...
    Scott,
    Sounds like you need a care package from home! Sorry about the nasty cold. . . have a little chicken noodle soup!
    Love, Mom
    stian said...
    walk it off...
    Anonymous said...
    Hmm... had a look at the drug you requested on wikipedia.org:

    "...historically more common, although its notoriety as a methamphetamine precursor has led some governments to restrict its sale."

    "...primarily as a decongestant, as an agent to dilate the pupil and to increase blood pressure."

    Have some friends that could get you some "ice" if that could aid you fight the cold.. ;) haha!

    - Jostein
    Marit fp said...
    I brought a stash of sudafed and tylenol cold and sinus when I lived in norway for a year; by the end of the year, one of my nicknames was narkoman- but a good third of my classmates had discovered the joys of being able to function with a killer head cold...without snorting saltwater.

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.