Halfway home...

well almost. we had a great day in Krakow today and left hesitantly after toying around with the idea of delaying our flights. But, now we're in Warsaw for about 12 hours. From the 10 min walk to the hostel it seems very modern with a little less of teh old, unique character of Krakow...but again, 10 minutes. We will be heading to Gdansk early tomorrow on a 6.50am train and then will be back in tromso by 8pm! Gotta love travel.

Like I said, things in Krakow were great. Well, bad word choice, sobering today. We visited Auswitchz, which I still haven't bothered spelling correctly, and it was predictably powerful. I thought the best part was actually the second concentration camp called Auswichz II or Berka...I forget. Anyways, it was massive covering 125 hectacres and it's much less rebuilt than the first Auswitch. You can see the remains of the crematoriums and the all around sick-scientific precision used in the Halocaust. A worthwhile visit.

We said goodbye to some new friends in Krakow including one girl we met named Christy. She is originally from Oklahoma and has spent the past three years teaching English in Japan with the JETT program. After she finished she decided to go home the long way so she is traveling around the world, starting in SE asia, going through Russia and East Europe before heading back in January. It was fun to talk to a fellow Midwesterner...or close enough! Christy, Marjaana, a random Australian guy we met, and I all watched Fargo two nights ago. It was great fun, but I'm not sure all the humor was noted by everyone there. They all asked me why I was going home for Christmas if snow and grissly killers awaited. I guess it's so I can see Paul Bunyan.

Off to bed now. ciao from warsaw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.