Keeping the Bad Guys In

Last night I enjoyed a great pizza party at Rachel's apartment as we tried to re-create the magic from last spring. There was good wine, great pizza, and of course, lots of conversation. By the end of the night, however, this conversation had taken its toll on me. I've been getting over a cold and after a night of talking over music I sounded like a 13 year old singing the national anthem. I decided to head home a little early as everyone else hit the town. When I arrived home though, I realized that I didn't have my keys and that everyone was out on the town. Since I didn't know when my roomies would get home, I decided the only solution was to break in.

I, quite obviously, pulled one of our garbage cans to the side of the house underneath Maaike's window. I carefully climbed on top of the garbage can and slipped my fingers in the small opening between Maaike's window and the window frame. I heaved the window open and with a deep breath jumped and pulled myself up and into her room. I felt quite accomplished having made it without injury. I tried not to get too much mud in her room, and as I tip-toed across the floor I grabbed the door handle and pushed. Nothing happened. I turned the light on and realized that she had locked her room door. Who does that?! I tried to pick the lock for a few moments and finally just sat down at her computer and surfed the internet.

About 15 minutes later I heard someone come home, so I again got to play spy, except this time I had to climb out the window, jump on the trash can, drag the can back to the street and then ring the doorbell. I then realized that I left my coat in Maaike's room and left the light on, so I had to text her and admit that I had successfully broken in and out of her room. She later admitted that she had locked her room because everyone was gone and she didn't want her computer to get stolen. Now she learned her lesson: don't lock the bad guys in. Leave your room open so when the bad guys break in, at least everyone will get their stuff stolen. Oh yeah, and don't forget your keys.

3 Comments:

  1. Brian and Alison said...
    hrm, i think you've played that break-in game once before, am i right? ...anyway, i hope you benefited from your early night in, in both peaceful slumber and in finally kicking that cold! ;) keep rocking the circle.

    -al
    Anonymous said...
    i liked this story so much that i had to link it again on my blog... damn, as if i knew you were going to be the first leaving the cool partying people alone. this is what you gotta pay for it..
    Still have to clean up your mud and sand, but i'll do it with love :P
    Maaike
    Anonymous said...
    He Scott,

    The pizzaparty was very nice! We loveeeeee the pizza :)
    Great story about the 'forgotten' keys!
    Our trip to the lake was great!
    Thnx for giving this good advice..
    You can also check our site..
    www.deniseaniek.waarbenjij.nu

    Groetjes Denise en Aniek

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.