Two Discoveries before Latvia

I am currently sitting in Andre's apartment in Oslo on my first stop on the way to Latvia where I'll take part in an election observation mission. I'll be with about 20 other Norwegians who studied election observation with me last spring, as we take part in a training mission. We'll go around to different voting locations and hopefully deter any cheating. I'm not sure if I'll be the most intimidating observer, but I'm excited to learn more about it and to experience a place I know very little about.

I had two great experiences before leaving the sunny island of Tromsø. First, I went for a run this morning as the frost was melting under the sun's rays. I came home after a quick run and realized that I looked like one of those big football players playing at Lambeau Field as my sweat was evaporating and creating the illusion that I was on fire. I had fun pretending that I ran so fast that I was smoking!

The second cool discovery was on the outside of our laundry room. There were over 20 tiny snails clinging to the wall, presumably to stay warm during the night. Well, it didn't work. They were all dead and as soon as I touched one it would fall off. Maybe a sad reminder of what might be on the way...

Time to cheer on the twins via gameday. They need it now! Keep your eye on Latvia on Saturday!

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    King of the Comment!! Hey Scott sounds like your doing well have great time in latvia and save the country of latvia from an undemocratic election, I know what your talking about with that steam it happened to me when we played soccer its very super heroesque later
    Anonymous said...
    thats suppose to be a number 3
    Anonymous said...
    Good luck in Latvia! Glad to see you are still running - now I need to get going again! I am looking forward to hearing about your election adventure. Little did you know that you would be carrying out President Bush's foreign policy of spreading democracy in the world!?! Take care, Dad
    Anonymous said...
    Hey Scott,
    How is Latvia? I need to check it out online to learn more about where you are! I am sure their election returns are a bit more challenging then your June experiences in the Brookings Courthouse!

    Wishing you safe and happy travels,
    Mom

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.