The (Dis?) Advantage of not being in the EU


Throughout all the travels to Poland, I am constantly having to wait in the strict NON-EU passport control line while my Norwegian and Finnish friends get to go through the EU and Schengen Zone line...even though Norway isn't in the EU they still get to move freely from the Mediterranean to Hammarfest. I finally found one benefit of not being in the EU (if you like stamps).

I went to the police station yesterday (they are open on Thursdays) and received my work permit for Norway. I had to bring my passport to get the work permit stamp in it. When I came back to pick up my permit the lady informed me that I should get a new passport because mine was full! Thanks to travels through Europe where I received stamps at every airport while my EU (and fake EU) friends walked through without a trace, my passport has quickly filled up. Combine that with 6 months in stamp happy Africa where I had to get residence permits and visas for every country I went to and the student visa I had stamped in my passport here in Norway and you have a full book. She illegally stamped my work permit on an endorsement page, but I think I will soon be visiting my friends at the post office in Brookings, SD to get some more pages. I guess it's time to come home for a while and stop traveling for a bit. Only a bit though, I think I will be anxious to fill up the new pages as soon as I can!

Off to prepare to stretch out a wool sweater I shrunk! Tips anyone? I've read hair conditioner and warm water. We'll see if I can find my 6th grade home ec. skills.

Also, photos from Poland are up if you haven't notice already. Check the cleverly labeled link on the left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.