Polish Pics and Police


I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I got a part-time job! I'm super excited about it. I am helping a professor here on campus, Tove Dahl, with research. Basically I listen to these interviews conducted in the states and type everything I hear: one of the few things I can do that most Norwegians can't! It's also fun because she is village coordinator at Skogfjorden, which is the Norwegian Language Camp run by Concordia College. Her research is about Skogfjorden so I get to listen to old campers talk about their experiences...

Why this is important you ask? Well, to get paid I have to go to the police station to get permission to work in Norway, and since I am making about $20 bucks an hour, roughly a normal wage for a part-time job I think, I am anxious to get the payments started. I went down today and after walking/slipping on ice for 15 minutes, I got to the police station to learn that they are closed on Wednesdays, but that I could come back tomorrow. What?! Who takes Wednesdays off? Just because school gets out early doesn't mean that the police office should too. Just another frustrating example of Norwegian bureacracy.

Oh yeah, I made it back safely from our "little Polish vacation" as Rachel called it. Marjaana and I left Warsaw at 6am and finally arrived back in Tromsø at 8pm. A long travel day, but now we are able to relax until the oral exam on Monday. I am loading pictures from the trip as we speak, so check back soon to get a glimpse of Poland!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.