International Valentine's Day

The American tradition of Valentine's Day spread its wings across the Atlantic and even reached Tromsø yesterday. The International Student Union decided to have a Valentine's Party, and it wasn't quite like the 4th grade Valentine's Day parties I remembered. I walked into the cafe/bar where they were having the party and Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name of" was playing. Not exactly the sappy Valentine's Day music I was expecting. But, despite the odd music, they gave everyone a number so you could write Valentines to people in the room. Lots of international love. So, instead of conversation hearts I had a Mack and instead of talking about love, I talked about the best bars in Cape Town. All in all, a fun night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.