Water, water, where oh where?

When I was in Tanzania, it was a common occurance to lose water for hours, days, and even a week one time. However, I was surprised and frustrated when this morning I turned on the sink and heard a hiss of air followed by an absense of water in Norway. Again! There has been construction outside our house and our water was shut off yesterday for the afternoon, so today as I was ready to take the first shower in two days and couldn't do it, I was reminded of Tanzania. Stian was even more frustrated and we spent all day complaining about it.

Finally, at about 7pm after 9 hours without water, Stian called the city water people and had them come take a look. Before he could even get a sentance in, they walked in and turned a knob on a water line we had in our bathroom. They told him that it was fixed and that someone must have turned the switch.

Oh yeah. My bad. This morning I was up doing laundry and the water wasn't working so I turned the knob on the switch going into the washing machine. This fixed my problem, but apparently shut off the water to the rest of the house. Needless to say, Stian wasn't exactly happy, but I told him that i was just a role play to show how people in other parts of the world live and told him that he lost of the contest of who would be the first to call and complain. Now I can go to bed dreaming of a shower tomorrow and all the great pranks I can pull with this new found power!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Scott,
    Sounds like you are continuing to use your Improv skills as a teaching moment there in your house. . . however, it doesn't sound like Stian appreciated the mistake!

    Your travelogue has confirmed that I do want to visit Italy next fall. . . Florence is at the top of my list! The sunshine, new friends and Ultimate, and antiquities of Italy were a wonderful combo. Your passport continues to open more doors for you!

    We look forward to it bringing you home to the USA in less then a month! Yeah!

    Love, Mom

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.