The Year of the Dog

I just received a hilarious birthday gift in the mail from my friend Emily Weninger. It's already up on my wall brightening my day.



That's right, it's a...well. It's a calendar/menu from Brookings' local Chinese restaurant. It has the Chinese calendar with a picture of a Golden Retriever that looks like Greta reminding me that I was born in the year of the dog (1982) and that it currently is the year of the dog! What luck. Additionally, it provides the following advice:

"Man's best freind you certainly are! Loyal and faithful without reservation Dogs are good companions, but catch one on a bad day and you will feel the bite of sarcasm. Your critical faculties give you the ability to sniff out the truth and pursue the course of justice for all. When life doesn't run smoothly you are prone to despondency and depression. Get together with a Tiger to life your spirits."

I think that's supposed to be about me. So, I hope that I can indeed pursue justice for all and keep up my bite of sarcasm. Any tigers out there? (1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, or 2010)

But wait. There's more. In addition to the awesome calendar and advice, it also comes with the entire menu to King's Wok. Now I can sit at my desk dreaming of ordering a quart of Moo Goo Gai Pan. It's only $7.09. What a deal! So watch out Brookings residents, prank Chinese food may be ordered in your name. But only if you catch me on a bad day.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hey Scott--

    What a great gift from Emily!! Too bad you can't order any food.....

    I have enjoyed reading all your latest adventures. You had some very awesome experiences!! Wish I could have been there! :)

    Things are good in SF...spring is finally starting to appear. It's so nice to have warm air and sunshine...sorry you still have snow.

    Hope all is well! Have fun in Italy!
    Love-
    andrea

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.