30 before 30

My mom tipped me off to a travel blog of an American living in Malaysia who had the lifelong goal of visiting 30 countries before the age of 30. For a country to "count" in the contest, the following rules must be observed:

  1. Airport transfers or layovers do not count - you must leave the airport premises
  2. You must enjoy a meal, or other significant cultural experience in said country
  3. Preferably you will stay overnight in said country (but this rule can be waived in certain instances of desperation, such as my example of Liechtenstein, I mean, really, who wants to stay overnight in Liechtenstein?)
  4. Preferably the complete list will include countries from multiple continents
We keep a map at home with pins for all the places we've been, but I thought I would count up the list, and I came up with 27 countries. 3 to go! Although, as you can see there is a lot of the world left to explore. Where should I go next, and how many countries have YOU visited?

You can see the visited countries on this map.


create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Congratulations! You're well on your way to completing the challenge! I'm glad someone else wants to participate since my husband thinks I'm completely crazy.

    I recommend visiting Southeast Asia (yes, I'm partial after living in Malaysia for 2 years, but it's really quite nice). It's usually pretty easy to find good flights from Western Europe to this region of the world (we lived in Munich for five years before moving to KL) - everyone's looking for a little sun come March, right?

    Enjoy your next adventure :)

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.