Hopping

A sign is hanging over the stairway asking me: zin in 'n fiesta tlidens je siesta? Of course I had to answer yes. (and I got this great nacho bagel after answering correctly.) Thus is life in the Netherlands.

Yeah, the Netherlands. Craziness huh? I'm currently sitting in a bagel shop called Bagels and Beans looking out over a plaza in The Hague. I've been traveling for a week now, friend hopping, and it's going to continue this afternoon when I head to Brussels to see a few Luther friends. It's great to have friends who love to do crazy, random things like me and not surprisingly, the more I travel, the more people I want to go visit. It really is the only way to travel...so whether it is staying out all night in Santiago, inhaling caulk fumes in a flat in Cambridge, or listening to Grandpa Fernandez read the paper out loud to himself in between naps, adventure always is right around the corner.

So, time to turn the corner and hop on a train to Belgium...the heart of Europe. I'll be back in Tromsø Thursday with more photos and stories i'm sure.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Ja, ik heb wel zin in een fiesta tijdens een siesta.

    wtf is that all about?? Crazy Lowlands, ooh how I love them!!!
    Enjoy the last days of travelling Scott, it's nice and quiet in the peace house, but we're waiting for your stories!

    Dus, dan zeg ik, veel plezier en tot donderdag!
    Klem, Maaike
    Anonymous said...
    One more, because this thought hasn't left me the past 24 hours: why don't I hear stories of Amsterdam?! You're supposed to check out the coolest city in Europe BEFORE you visit Den Haag and Brussels.
    You're not allowed to get back to Tromsø before you've been on the Dam, walked along the grachten, experienced the coffee shops, smelled tulips, and walked on wooden shoes through this amazing city. And you know, I will definitely be there at the airport on thursday and if needed: i'll send you BACK.
    Another klem, M.
    Anonymous said...
    What fun to see my boys and Shantel with Sol in Cercedilla. . . wish we were there for the reunion with the Fernandez! Life in Spain is great any season!

    Travel safely and let me know when you return to the country where you departed from originally. . . no, not the USA. . . that would be Norway!

    Skoal,
    Mom
    stian said...
    come home.

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.