Shake What Yo Ancestors Gave Ya


Two weeks ago I was walking home from the center and I heard this music from an old building and found over 50 Norwegians swing dancing...tonight I joined in the madness!

I called up Elisa, a Spanish friend who is a great dancer, and we both dressed up in appropriate swing attire, me with pinstrip pants and a white shirt and Elisa with a funky skirt with Ché, Elvis, and Marilyn Monroe and a black top. We matched quite well. We walked in and just had to laugh...they were basically swing dancing to country music. I felt like I should be back in SD. We joined in the fun though and after about 15 minutes Elisa had learned all the moves I had to offer. We danced alongside mostly older Norwegians who could shake it surprisingly well. We took a break halfway through of course for coffee and cake, and then we were back at it...almost 2 and a half hours of dancing! By the end of the night we were doing lifts and having a great time trying to dodge the dancing Norwegians. It was great to dance up a sweat and find a hidden, random building hiding such a crazy secret...some Norwegians can dance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.