Driving along in an automobile

I was excited yesterday when had the first chance in a long time to drive a car! My roommate Børge has a car and his girlfriend Hilde was going to her grandfather's house in Tromsø. She drove on the way there, and I got to navigate the streets of Tromsø with manual gears and without power-steering. Cruising with the windows down and the sun shining felt great.

So, when Børge called from his home in Hammerfest and asked if I could pick him up at the airport in Tromsø when he arrived, I was excited to help out. When I went out to the car, however, I turned the key and nothing. Tried again, and nothing. The battery was completely dead. Apparently either Hilde had turned on the lights and I didn't know it or I had accidently turned them on and somehow didn't hear the warning beep when I left the car.

So Børge took a taxi home and we thought we could get it started by pushing the car down a hill. We pushed the car up the little going into our driveway with me behind his little Toyota Corola and he pushing the door, ready to jump in. We got it to the top of a hill near our house and pushed it down the hill. He jumped in, and I could see it start to jerk as he tried to put it in gear. A little puff of smoke escaped from the exhaust pipe and, nothing. So, the car is still standing...or maybe laying, at the bottom of the hill by our house. A sad reminder of my recent loss of driving ability.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.