Familiar Faces, New Places


I had the pleasure of being swept up in a Luther reunion of sorts recently when a group of Luther and Concordia College students studying in Norway came to Tromsø for a visit. They invited me to give them a little tour and join them on their bus/boat tour of the fjords of Troms. It was a great trip, and quite fun to hear the Midwest accent and hear the latest about Decorah, Fargo, and every small town in between.

In the midst of this reunion, I was on the phone discussing my future plans. I found out about a week ago that I was offered a job in Santander, Spain as an English teacher. At first I was incredibly excited, then I sat back and thought about it a bit trying to find the catch. After much thought, I am excited to say that I accepted the position!!

As of the first week in October, I will be living in Santander in the north part of Spain. If you click on the map to the right, you can see where Santander is...west of the Basque country, east of Asturia, and almost directly north of Madrid on the Bay of Biscay. I will be teaching 12 hours a week in secondary schools and of course studying and immersing myself in Spanish. I also hope to work privately as a tutor in the meantime. I'm also pumped to enjoy beach ultimate frisbee in Santander and the convenience of having Ryanair fly direct to Santander...which means, there is no excuse not to come visit! Consider yourself welcomed. I also am excited because there is a possibility I will be able to continue working on a few project here in Tromsø while living in Santander via the internet.

I hope to stay connected to Tromsø and come back and visit. Who knows, maybe I'll be back next summer to show the tourists around...this time in Spanish! So, that's the big next step. I'll spend the summer here in Tromsø and will hopefully spend a month at home in September before starting the next adventure. Prepare yourselves, I'm sure a new blog will spring up!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Scott,
    Congrats on accepting the job in Spain! I am sure you will enjoy this opportunity to not only be in Spain but the easier access to traveling around Europe.

    4 weeks and counting until the 2nd Meyer Family Amazing Race takes place in Norway! Can't wait to see you on June 13 in Kirkenes!

    Cheers to long summer days and summer nights!
    Mom

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.