Just when you thought it was safe...

I headed to the Tromsø football game yesterday against the hated Rosenburg club from Trondheim. They are like the New York Yankees of Norwegian football. The game was great, ending in a 1-1 tie, but the most shocking part was the weather: snow! Just when you thought it was safe to live above the Arctic Circle, you get snow...on May 14th! I am looking out the window right now as flurries* fall, somehow simultaneous with the sun shining. Not sure how it works, I just know that I'm staying inside.**

*Editor's note: I had to edit the blog because what was flurries are now near blizzard-like snow. What is going on?!
**Second Editor's Note: This picture was taken at 12.30am. Yes, the midnight sun (and snow?) is nearly upon us!

3 Comments:

  1. Elliot said...
    I seem to remember some snow falling in Decorah on May 1 last year. I promptly rode my bike through it.
    Silje said...
    Relax, we normally get some in June too. Yep. There is a saying in Tromsø that in fact we have no summer, only bad skiing conditions... :-)
    Anonymous said...
    how was the game. how is the snow.

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.