Let the work begin...

I am back in Central Standard Time Zone and the thesis work has begun! I am researching a program run by the South Dakota Lutheran Church. I am trying to find out if South Dakota's partnership with the Lutheran church in Nicaragua is helping meet the needs of Nicaraguans or if it only gives the donors a warm feeling without making a change. I bought a new digital recorder and have started my research by interviewing a few of the key people involved, and it has been interesting already. They have all been changed by the program but seem to be very aware of the potential pitfalls of the program. My first impression is that it's a good program because they are working on building a long-term relationship instead of just handing out money. It is getting me very excited for the chance to visit Nicaragua and to meet the characters that I am already hearing about. Pieces seem to be falling in place. The bishop of Nicaragua is even coming to visit South Dakota next weekend so I'll be able to make contact with her before I travel to Nicaragua! I am also getting prepared thanks to a string of ridiculously hot days. I've been sweating in my sleep, getting ready to travel south. Off to watch some baseball. I feel so American.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.