A Dark Halloween


Sunrise: 8:07am (Our clocks 'fell back' on Saturday too)
Sunset: 2:47pm


Darkness is descending on Tromsø, but unfortunately there are not any gouls or goblins trick-or-treating to welcome it's coming. Only kids playing with bright reflective yellow safety vests and girls wearing funky, furry, high leather boots to keep their feet, (and upper calves) dry. This new darkness has come with an unexpected partner however: summer! In the matter of three hours a few days ago, Tromsø changed from a winter wonderland to a spring-like sopfest. Suddenly, the temperature hit 11 degrees (52 farenheit) and a steady rain descended on the haunted land. When the clouds parted, the snow had eerily disappeared, replaced with unusually warm temperatures. Much to my surprise, I was able to sleep with my windown open for the first time all year! I am seriously beginning to think that the weather here in Tromsø is haunted, or at least plagued by indecision. Although the warmth feels good, the lack of snow has deepened the darkness, creating the perfect Halloween mileau.

Although I won't be trick-or-treating tonight, I am happy to say that a few weeks ago I attended an Oktoberfest party with a Hollywood Costume Theme. I just pretended like this was Halloween, and I was impressed by some great costumes. I had to throw mine together however without the help of the downstairs dress-up clothes, but I managed to look something like Harry Potter. Maybe. Happy Halloween to everyone. I hope you have a dark, eery, and fun night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.