G-what?


A few weeks ago, some "peace friends" and I realized that we had a week off after our last exam. What better to do than travel together right? So, 7 of us started looking for places to go. Most places seemed to expensive so I kind of abandoned the idea. Then, I got an urgent phone call from a friend at school. She said, "We're going to Gdansk!" And I, probably much like you, said, "G-where?!" After a brief question and answe session, I learned that Gdansk is town in northern Poland on the Baltic Sea, that Gdansk has incredibly cheap food, drink, and hostels, and that it only cost about $200 round trip from Tromsø to get there (maybe a sign that it isn't the high season?). That was enough for me!

So now, Rachel, Hanne, Marjaana, Silje, Teresa, Stian, and I will be heading out on the 29th of November for a few days in Gdansk. Not sure exactly what we'll do, but apparently the girls want to go to a spa, so I think I will go with Stian to the shipyards and see the place where a rebellion against the communist rule started. I think our trip will consist mostly of relaxing, eating, drinking, talking, and maybe some karoke? Scary, I know. I am excited to travel to a random place, and pumped to see a little bit of Eastern Europe. I have my Lonely Planet in hand, but if anyone has any tips or knows anything about G-what, please let us know! Back to writing my exam and identifying the causes of war. Uplifting stuff.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hi Scott, I was wondering where I had heard of Gdansk before and you helped me remember. That is where Lech Walensa (name?) and his shipyard workers started their strike and turned into a change of government. I think in the 80's. You will have to fill me in more if you visit there. Have a great trip - I was envious of your pub crawl!! Love Dad

Post a Comment




Copyright 2006.

Template: GeckoandFly.

Modified by Blogcrowds

Thank you, come again.